Since the FDA labeled Intacs™ for use in keratoconus, many insurance companies now cover the procedure (for keratoconus or ectasia). If you are a keratoconus patient our office can obtain additional information as to your insurance coverage.
In order for us to do this you need to submit to us the following information:
It is best to submit this to us by email.
- Your full name, Social Security number, date of birth.
- Your spouses' full name, Social Security number, date of birth. (this is needed if you are covered
under your spouses' insurance).
- Insurance company and their phone number (especially if your insurance card shows a phone number for precertification).
- Insurance ID number.
- Specification of who the subscriber of the insurance is. (If this is your spouses' insurance and you are covered under their insurance, then the spouse is the subscriber).
- Group number.
- Your address and phone number.
If you wish to call your insurance company and obtain your own information about coverage we suggest you refer to Intacs surgery by its procedure code (0099T) and to your diagnosis of keratoconus by its ICD-9 code (371.60 or 371.61). Please note that this procedure is a one eye procedure so the quotes and information will be
for one eye only.